Panini has set up her own stand outside of Endive's shop. While rolling a giant Wawamelon, Chowder stops by and is slightly jealous as Mung never lets him do anything like this on his own. Back at Mung's kitchen Chowder asks if he can cook a dish by himself also. Mung is hesitant, as he doesn't believe Chowder is quite ready. After some convincing, Mung offers to let him to make a pickle in a cup, a recipe that is just what it sounds like. Chowder, wanting something more challenging, ask Mung what his first recipe was. As Mung's first recipe was "Pickle in a Cup" Chowder asks what was after that. Mung answers that his second recipe was "Burple Nurples" and Chowder decides that this is the dish that he will make.
While cooking his dish, Chowder accidentally mistakes rat poison for a spice. Mung tries to warn Chowder of what he is doing but Chowder either ignores him or cries that Mung doesn't trust him as a chef. When the nurples are done, Chowder tries to taste one but Mung manages to knock it out of his hand, killing a houseplant in the process. He sends Chowder out to sell the nurples, wondering why he ever put that poison in the spice cabinet in the first place. He is reminded of why when a rat bigger that he is walks through the kitchen. Chowder sets up his nurple stand and Mung, in disguise, uses all the money he has to buy them all but Chowder reveals that he has another five dozen. Mung gets Truffles to give him all the cash that the catering company has for a Chowder-related emergency. Gorgonzola arrives and buys one, just to prove how disgusting they are. Mung, in another disguise, tries to by it from Gorgonzola. Using every last cent the company has, Mung is eventually able to buy up all of the nurples, only for Chowder to bring out more. Mung finally steals the rest runs for it with Chowder right behind him. Eventually, he comes to the foot of the volcanic Mt. Fondoom and decides that he must throw the nurples into the fire. He runs up the mountain and throws the nurples in causing it to erupt with cheese sauce. He reveals to Chowder that he is proud of him even though Chowder's nurples were lethal. As they go home Mung ask Chowder if he could lend him some money for the next month but Chowder refuses.
- Chowder: (chases Mung up the volcano) Aaaah! (suddenly stops and starts panting) Wait, fat kid running.
- Kiwi: Run, Mung, run! Run like the wind!
- Chowder: Boring, boring, boring, boring, OOOOOH! Add lots of Snor-eander! Ain't that a fun name?
- Chowder: Guess what, Mung? I think I'm ready to cook something on my own!
- (Shnitzel hanging on a rope quickly moves off-screen)
- Mung: Umm... I don't know, Chowder, you might want to get few more years on your belt!
- Chowder: (lifts his shirt up, revealing a belt) There's no room! (his pupils grow bigger)Pleeeeeeeeease! Pleeeeeeeeease!
- Mung: Chowder, I just don't think you are ready yet!
- Chowder: Pleeeeeeeeease!
- Mung: No, Chowder!
- Chowder: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...
- Mung: No!
- Chowder: ...eeeeeeeeeeeeee... (prolonging 'e' in a monotone)
- Mung: Chowder?!
- Chowder: ...eeeeeeeeeeeeee...
- Mung: Really now, you can't keep that up forever!
- Chowder: (briefly stops) Yes, I can! ...eeeeeeeeeeee...
- Mung: You are not going to change my mind!
- Chowder: (briefly stops) But Ms. Endive let's Panini do it, eeeeeeee...
- Mung: Endive! If that battle axe thinks her apprentice is ready then I'm sure my apprentice is more than ready! Chowder, get ready to cook!
- Chowder: Woo-hoo! eeeeeeee...
- Chowder: "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
- Mung: "You can stop now."
- Chowder: "I wish I could but I'm stuckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
- Mung: "Woman I need all the cash we got, right now, don't ask questions!!"
- Truffles: "I have one."
- Mung: "Yes, it's Chowder-related."
- Truffles: "Okay."
- Mung: (disguised) Don't eat that nurple!
- Gorgonzola: Why... old man?
- Mung: Because...because- it is calling out to me, I need that exact nurple.
- Gorgonzola: Uhh...
- Mung: Here, here! I will give you ten dollops.
- Gorgonzola: A hundred dollops!
- Mung: What is with you kids?
- Chowder: Can I try one?
- Panini: No! (slaps Chowder's hand) But you can buy one, I'm selling them for one dollop each. Of course, for you, there's a special boyfriend discount. (puckers lips)
- Chowder: That's okay. Here's my dollop.
- (Chowder eats one of Panini's sparkle spackles, opens his mouth, a little rainbow pops out, and gives Panini a kiss on the cheek)
- Chowder: I didn't do that!
- Gorgonzola: What is this, some child bought food stand?
- Chowder: Oh, hey, Gorgonzola. I'm selling Burple Nurples that I made myself, like a real chef.
- Gorgonzola: What? You think you're better than me?
- Chowder: Listen, I have a lot of customers waiting. (zooms out to show the street is deserted)
- Gorgonzola: Let them wait.
- Mung: (dressed up as a lady) Oh! I simply love burple nurples! Care to give a free sample to a pretty lady?
- Chowder: Sure! You know one?
- Mung: Care to give a free sample to an ugly lady?
- Chowder: No. Ugly ladies have to pay. (Mung steals dish)
- Chowder: Hey, ugly! You owe me 300 dollops!
- Mung: (After seeing the giant holding up the city about to eat the Nurples) HOLY SWISS CHEESE!!!
- Chowder: Why did you throw the nurples into the volcano?
- Mung: Oh, because of the poison.\
- Chowder: What?
- Mung: Oh, never mind.
- Chowder: Mr. Blutter, meet Mrs. Blutter! (pushes blutter sticks together and makes kissy noises)
- Mung: Oh. golly, why did I put poison in the spice cabinet in the first place? (giant rat walks by) Oh, yeah, that's why.
- (Mung is seen trying to hide the Burple Nurples from Chowder, he goes to the restroom) Mung: Yes! I'll flush 'em (Mung is about to flush the Burple Nurples away)
- Talking Toilet: I love Burple Nurples!
- Mung: (quickly) No! Don't eat those, or you will die! (Mung picks the Burple Nurples up and runs away from the restroom)
- Chowder: Ooh good! A bathroom!(Chowder enters the restroom)
- Talking Toilet: I love Burple Nurples!
- Chowder: (runs out of the restroom screaming) AAAAAH!!!
- Mung: How about this one Chowder, pickle in a cup?
- Chowder: But that's too easy! My chef wings won't soar. What was the first dish you made, Mung?
- Mung: PICKLE IN A CUP.
- Chowder: Hey, where did that ugly thief lady go?
- Mung: Chowder, that ugly lady was me. You see, there is an ugly lady inside of all of us, and sometimes, that ugly lady makes us do things we're not proud of. But I'm proud of you, Chowder, because you proved that all I thought about you was right
- Nurple: You.... will... die...
- Kiwi, the pink stop-motion monster, and Hunk, the deity that holds up Marzipan City, make their first appearances in this episode.
- When this episode aired in the UK, the scene where Chowder shows his tummy was cut, possibly to discourage child obesity.
- Truffles makes 2 cameos in this episode.
- The episode was originally titled "The Burple Nurple Stand". DirecTV still bills it as "The Burple Nurple Stand".
- Mt. Fondoom is a parody of Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings.
- The song playing while they are near Mount Fondoom is almost exactly the same as the Lord of the Rings theme.
- It is revealed Marzipan City is held by a giant known as Hunk.
- That episode was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short Form Animated Program 2008, but it was beaten by "Lazlo's First Crush" (Camp Lazlo).
- ↑ "Chowder. S1 E1: The Burple Nurple Stand; Schnitzel Makes a Deposit", DirecTV. Archived from the original on 30 September 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.