Mung Daal Catering (Mung Daal's Catering Company in the pilot) is owned by Mung Daal and Truffles. Mung is the head chef, Shnitzel is the assistant chef and janitor, and Chowder is Mung's cooking apprentice. Truffles is Mung's wife and cashier.
The catering company has a living quarter's tower, stretching several stories upward. The tower is also home to Mung, Truffles, and Chowder; Mung and Truffles live in a room on the first floor, while Chowder lives upstairs in his own room with his pet stink cloud Kimchi.
Surrounding the tower is a wooden ramp which leads from the top floor down to the courtyard below. Its purpose is likely to serve as a fire escape. At the towers base is a courtyard with a fountain in its center as well as a large garden.
Access to the different floors of the tower is from a spiral staircase that runs the length of the tower. There are about three large chimneys poking out from the building which are held up by large chains attached to the main tower.
- Business can sometimes be slow at times possibly due to Truffles bad-mouthing Mung's cooking causing bad publicity.
- The company's motto used to be: Mung Daal Catering! it is better than eating from a dumpster until it eventually changes into: foods delivered by sundown are free.
- Sometimes to clean the place, Shnitzel comes out of the scene and shakes it like a rug whipping off the messes.
- Beneath the building an underground mine can be found complete with port-a-jons and coffee shop.
- Its possible that the company has been built before Mung having Chowder as an apprentice.
- The kitchen is based on the kitchen of the Royal Pavilion in Brighton; both kitchens sport the palm tree designs.
- According to Mung, the kitchen is destroyed every week from various reasons from Chowder's antics to Mung's cooking shenanigans and the company depends on Mr Fugu's spending to fix it.
- In "Chowder Grows Up," it's revealed that Chowder will eventually take over as Head Chef and Scraps as his apprentice.